HEARING AID CONSULTATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
HEARING AID OPTIONS
PRESCRIPTIVE, DIGITAL HEARING AID FITTING AND PROGRAMMING
Your Hearing Evaluation
Your audiologist will perform an otoscopic examination of your ears, and will review your medical history, as well as your auditory symptoms. Then she will perform a diagnostic audiometric hearing evaluation on each ear, which includes testing your hearing for different frequencies, and speech understanding tests.
SHOULD I HAVE MY HEARING TESTED?
Patients of all ages should complete a hearing exam. Even those who do not have signs of hearing loss. Hearing loss can be a progressive condition that often develops slowly over time which makes it difficult to notice until it becomes a significant hearing loss. Often hearing loss occurs in some frequencies while other frequencies continue to be heard at near normal levels. The makes the person feel like he or she does not have any hearing problem, but that other people seem to mumble or speak unclearly.
Early diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss is essential for better speech understanding now and in later years.
A hearing test by a Certified, licensed audiologist is especially important if :
- You have noticed a change in hearing
- You are having more difficulty with speech understanding in background noise, in group situations, or with TV listening.
- You have been exposed to loud noise levels, such as shooting guns, or occupational noise
- You have tinnitus (ringing or other noises) in one or both ears.
- You have had chronic middle ear infections
Hearing Aid Consultation and Recommendations
Dr. Stevens’ office offers Hearing Aid Consultation with the Audiologist. Your audiologist, will consult with you to review the findings of your Audiometric hearing evaluation, and to help you identify your individual communication needs. She will give you information about different types of hearing aids and the different features and levels of technology in each, along with the costs of each level.
The audiologist will also show you a number of hearing aid styles (e.g. behind the ear, Custom In the ear, and Open canal styles). She will advise you of some of the pros and Cons of each type, and may recommend a style that could be most beneficial based on your particular hearing loss.
The Hearing Aid Consultation is a no cost informative appointment. This appointment is designed to give you a clear understanding of your hearing help options, to give you professional recommendations based on your hearing loss “prescription,” and to give you support to help you make your own decision.
Hearing Aid Options
Your Audiologist can explain your options and recommend an appropriate hearing aid make and model based on :
- Your particular hearing loss type, severity and frequency configuration
- Your lifestyle, activities, and communicative needs.
- Your particular, or most common sound environments
- Your own comfort levels and sensitivity to increases in loudness.
- Your preferences for the style, fit and size, and changeability of the instruments
The audiologist can make impressions of your ear canals for a custom fit of ear worn products:
- Hearing Aid Ear molds
- Swim Plugs
- Noise Plugs
- Filtered Musicians’ Plugs
- Hunters’ Noise Blockers with amplification
HEARING AID REPAIRS
Your Audiologist can help you with Repair of Custom and Behind the Ear Hearing Aids of most major Brands.
Most hearing aid services can be completed in our office, including cleaning maintenance and some types of repairs.
Standard Repair charge applies for Factory repair of hearing aids out of Warranty.